Sunday, November 1, 2009

LONDON

On our nine hour layover in London, Kyle and I decided to get out and see a bit of the city. We took the underground, walked around, and ate fish'n'chips for lunch! It was about 7 degrees C (40 degrees F). Below is a picture tour of our day-excursion.

The main gates at Buckingham Palace.
Kyle and I in front of Buckingham Palace looking a bit sleepy (those long airplane rides do not flatter us much).
View of Buckingham Palace from St. James' Park.
Local wildlife.
Tribute to our dear friend by the same name.
WestminsterAbbey.
Look kids, Big Ben...(did I mention it was REALLY cold?)
. . .Parliament.
Turn around from Parliament and you can see the London Eye.
Trafalgar Square.
Picadilly Circus (sort of like Time Square in NY).
A cherub watching over Picadilly Circus.
Kyle and I in Picadilly Circus.


No comments: