Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It starts...well sort of.

Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

I (Bethany) had anticipated waiting to begin writing on our blog until we had arrived or were on our way to Zambia. However, recent developments and delays have left Kyle and I without an official leave date. Therefore, I will offer an update on what we are doing in the meantime and how you can be praying for our journey:

First and foremost we are praising the Lord for a little bit more time in the US to spend with family and friends. The original leave date had felt a bit short to fit everyone and everything in, now there is time. We have also extended the lease on our apartment until April 20th allowing us to finish up our Perspectives class, as well stay close to the Partners Worldwide office in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

What are We Doing?

Since Kyle and I have both quit our jobs, I imagine many are wondering what we are doing with all of our time. Last week we were invited to work in the Partners Worldwide office creating business training curriculum that we (and others) can use in the field with various partner projects. We have committed to working about three full days a week in the office working on the material and using the other two days a week to continue to prepare for our leave. Preparations include packing up our apartment, praying, doctor/dentist appointments, and meeting with people interested in partnering with us in ministry either financially and/or prayerfully. In our spare time, we are running, reading, and enjoying the fellowship of friends.

Work Visa Update:

Currently, there continues to be internal complications that are causing delays in the visa process. We continue to believe that all these things are in the Lord's hands and as we trust in Him, He hears our prayers.

Prayer Requests:

1. Please continue to pray that things can be resolved and that our permit application will be processed at miraculous speed.
2. For the Lord to continue teaching and shaping Kyle and I to be prepared for the work and ministry He has for us.
3. Pray also that the Lord gives us peace as we wait but also as we anticipate our departure.

It is difficult to live with all the uncertainty that exists now. But we are blessed to trust in the Lord who is God in heaven above and on the earth below (Deut. 4:39). His ways are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9) and we know that His timing will be best. We have peace knowing that HE is taking care of all these things.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Many prayers for you guys!! I would love to see you before you go!!
ck

Walter Hampel said...

Kyle & Bethany,

It was good seeing both of you on Sunday back at TCC. We will continue to pray for your mission to Zambia.

Do you mind if I link your blog to mine?
(schoolofthesolitaryplace.blogspot.com)

Blessings in Christ,

Walt