Sunday, January 18, 2009

around the house

I wanted to share some picture updates from around our house. The wildlife is out and about and the garden is growing! Hope you enjoy a window into our backyard.

This Kyle doing critter prevention on the exterior of our house.

Giant millipede we found on our back porch.

Here is a perspective with the millipede next to my sandal.

View of a sunset from our back porch.

A lizard that wandered into our yard. Its a bit blurry because he kept running away from Kyle.

This is a view of our garden as its growing.

These are the carrots.

I am very excited for this lettuce to mature. We have not eaten any salad since we arrived!

This is the first strawberry to mature on our plants.

These watermelons have been most exciting for me to watch grow. I have never seen watermelon grow.


I love to watch vegetables and fruits grow.

In the near future I will share some pictures and stories from my trips to the local rural communities to visit farms and village communities who are implementing conservation farming. The entire experience was fascinating and exciting to see how thousands of farmers in the Eastern Province are food secure because of this program.

No comments: